- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may either be ‘’persistent’’ cookies or ‘’session’’ cookies: persistent cookies are stored by the web browser and will remain valid until there expiry date, unless deleted by the user; while a ‘’session’’ cookie will expire when the user ends there session and closes the web browser.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but information obtained by the cookie may be stored and linked with personal information stored in relation an individual’s account.
- Cookies can be used by web browsers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on the website they are visiting, as well as identify returning users.
Cookies on our website are used for the following reasons.
- To enable you to add items to your shopping basket and purchase items.
- To enable you to create an account and have information such as order history available; it also retains your details for your next visit.
- To improve the website usability, making it easier to purchase and track orders.
- To analyse the use of the website through analytics software such as google analytics.
The cookies on our website do not collect sensitive information such as name, address, email address, or any other contact details; we do however use both ‘’persistent’’ and ‘’session’’ cookies and below is a list of their purpose.
|Magento||CART||The association with the customer's shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page to load pages faster.|
|COMPARE||The items in the customer's Compare Products list.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of the shopper’s customer ID|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||Indicates if the customer is currently logged in to the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the shopper's customer group.|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||Indicates if caching is disabled or enabled.|
|FRONTEND||The customer's session ID.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates if the cache can be used to store information.|
|STORE||The store view or language chosen by the shopper.|
|USER_ALLOWED_SAVE_COOKIE||Indicates if the shopper allows cookies to be saved.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Determines if guests can edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category visited by the shopper.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product viewed by the shopper.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about the shopper's cart and viewing history.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||Items recently compared b the shopper.|
|STF||Information on products the shopper has emailed to friends.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products recently viewed by the shopper.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to the shopper's wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in the shopper's wishlist.|
Magento Persistent Cookie
A long term persistent cookie that remains after the end of a session, saving a record of the customers contents for future reference. If the customer selects remember me on log out then this information will persist but session information will be deleted.
Third Party Cookies
|These anonymous cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use and interact with our site; allowing us to continue to make improvements. The cookies collect Information such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and how visitors have found the site. For further information about google analytic click here|
|We let you share items with your Facebook friends and so this cookie is covered by the Facebook consent and data policy that you can find: here|
|We let you share items with your Instagram Followers and so this cookie is covered by the Facebook consent and data policy that you can find: here|
|We let you share items with your Pinterest Followers and so this cookie is covered by the Pinterest consent and data policy that you can find: here|
|We let you share items with your Twitter Followers and so this cookie is covered by the Twitter consent and data policy that you can find: here|
|YouTube||We let you share items with your YouTube Followers and so this cookie is covered by the YouTube consent and data policy that you can find: here|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- If you are using Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking; >tools, internet options, privacy, advanced.
- In Firefox (version 47), you can block all cookies by clicking; >tools, options, privacy, then selecting ‘’use custom settings for history’’ from the drop down, and untick ‘’accept cookies from sites’’.
- In Chrome (version 52) you can block all cookies by accessing; >customise and control, menu, settings , show advance settings, content settings, and then selecting ‘’block sites from sending any data” under the “cookies heading”
- In Safari you can block cookies by accessing; > preferences, privacy, and then by clicking “block all cookies”.
Please note that by blocking cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
- In Internet Explorer (version11) you must manually delete cookie files, for instructions on how to do this click here
- In Firefox (version47) you can delete cookies by clicking> tools, options, privacy and then selecting “use custom settings for history” from the drop down menu, clicking “show cookies” and then clicking “remove all cookies”.
- In Chrome(version52) you can delete all cookies by; > customise and control menu, settings, show advanced settings , clear browsing data and then selecting “cookies and other site data “ before clicking “clear browsing data”.
- To delete your cookies on safari manually, please click here for instructions.
Links to other websites
At Hahnemühle UK Ltd, we are committed to protecting the security and privacy of your personal information and the way in which we conduct our business by following the laws on privacy, data protection and data security.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Third party data handlers
- Access to your information and correction
- Data Storage
- 3rd party website links
- How to contact us
What information we collect about you?
When you make a purchase through Hahnemühle UK we will collect your name, Date of Birth, address data, email and contact number. This will be stored in our system alongside your account details, or Guest purchase information.
Please be aware that we do not store credit card information that you provide, however this will be shared with out payment providers who will process your transaction.
How will we use the information about you?
Please be aware that we work with third parties who are responsible for delivering certain functions on our behalf. These include companies that run our website, process payments, deliver emails and deliver orders. When we share your personal data with these providers we require them to follow GDPR regulations, keeping your personal data safe; we require our third parties to only keep this information to complete their responsibilities before being deleted or depersonalised.
Third Party data handlers
Below is a list of third party data handlers which we use and their privacy policies.
If you consent to receive marketing material we use your information to inform you of any promotions, new products, upcoming events and other news relating to Hahnemühle UK. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver this information to you. For more information please see MailChimp’s privacy notice
You can unsubscribe to the mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We do not sell or share your personal information with anyone else.
Access to your information
Your personal account information will be stored on our system where the user has access their account details through there login; allowing them to amend of deactivate the account. On the occasions the account is deactivated, we will retain your information until we no longer need to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, at this point your information will either be removed or depersonalised so that we are unable to identify you.
You are entitled to view, or delete the personal information that we hold as long as it complies with our legal and regulatory obligations. Please email your request to help@Hahnemuehle.com; please be aware there may be a charge for this.
Please note that we are a multinational business and our head office is in Germany. By using our service or products, you authorise us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country.
3rd party links
How to contact us?